Complaints handling policy
Code of practice for patient complaints
In this practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handles. We learn from every mistake that we make and respond to patient’s concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service that we provide is Puneh Niroomand, our complaints manager.
- If a patient complaints on the telephone or at reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to the Complaints manager immediately. If the Complaints Manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to the Complaint Manager.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within 3 working days.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances, which led to complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
- Dental Complaint Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon CR0 6BA (Telephone: 08456 120 540) for complaints about Private treatment
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (Telephone: 0845 222 4141), the dentists’ regulatory body for complaints about professional misconduct.